December 19, 2012 - The first feature list from Franchise Hockey Manager 2013 has been released. It's a high-level view of what OOTP developments plans to deliver to us sim fans in the new year.
Here is the list they came up with:
- Windows and Mac support
- Two game modes: Modern and Historical
- 2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, DEL, Elitserien and EIHL
- Over 1,000 teams, comprising nearly 100 leagues, that are non-playable but are stocked with real players
- Start any NHL season from 1947-48 through today, with players appearing on their actual teams or in a draft
- Real stats, finances, and rules
- Detailed player model with over 30 skills in 5 main categories
- Trades, player transfers, RFA/UFA signings, and more
- Set lines and tactics and make changes on the fly during games that feature a huge, editable play-by-play database
- News engine featuring a database packed with thousands of articles
- Stat keeping, including CORSI and Fenwick
- Almost everything is editable, from logos and colors to data to league rules and more
GM Games will be following the release of FHM very closely. Matthew Stewart, our lead Hockey writer is eager to bring you his take, and what the game could use in their future versions.